Welcome to Year 5
The Super Squirrels!
Welcome to Year 5 taught by Mrs Jacques, Mr Birchall and Mrs Hockey.
Important Information About Year 5!
- Spellings are sent home weekly with a test to take place each Monday.
- Maths homework can be found at https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk All weekly Maths tasks are set and can be completed here.
- Our PE days are Tuesday and Friday. It is useful to have a PE kit in school each day as timetable changes can occur.
- A Daily Mile is conducted each day and it is very important that children have trainers in school each day to enable them to walk/run during this time.
- Children are invited to take books home from the class library to read for pleasure.
Work in Y5 within Spring 1 is focusing upon Science and materials. Children are exploring and describing properties of a range of materials. An investigative approach is being taken to enable children to develop the skills of fair testing, formulating and explaining conclusions.