Welcome to Jump Nursery!
Here at Jump Nursery we are "fantastic fledglings!"
The children in Nursery are taught by the Nursery Teacher Mrs Hartley and CSA Mrs Taylor.
Parents/Carers-Please scroll to the bottom of the page for current newsletter, letters, planning and current activities in Nursery or click on the link to our blogs below to see up to date photographs.
Applying For a Place For Your Child at Our Nursery
Please contact the school (01226 743041) to see if we have places available.
Your child is eligible for a place at our Nursery from the term following their third birthday. You can apply for a place at our Nursery following their second birthday.
Click on the links below for the application forms (you will need to complete all of these.)
We welcome prospective parents/carers and children to come and visit our Nursery (and the whole school if you would like to). Please contact us on 01226 743041 to arrange a visit.
During your visit the Nursery team will happily answer any questions you may have. It will provide an opportunity for you to find out more about; the provision, the structure of a Nursery session and the activities your child will take part in whilst attending our Nursery.
What takes place during a Nursery session?
We believe that outdoor learning is just as important as learning that takes place in the Nursery. For the majority of the session your child can choose whether to play and learn indoors or outdoors.
Take a look at photos of our provision below.
(Click on the photos below to enlarge).
During the session there are two group times that cover Maths, Phonics or have a Thematic focus. There are adult focused activities throughout the session and lots of opportunity for free play.
We are always busy having fun at Jump Nursery!
Ready, Steady, Play!- transition from home to Nursery
We believe that as Nursery is the first step in your child’s school education it is important for them to feel happy and settled as soon as possible. Our outstanding practice here at Jump Nursery as well as the Ready, Steady, Play! sessions prepares your child for the start of Nursery life.
Ready, Steady Play! is a 4 week programme of transition from home to our Nursery. The sessions are 1 hour per week. Parents/carers stay and play with their children.
The aims of the programme are to:
- Ease transition into Nursery through enabling your child to familiarise themselves with their new friends, Nursery staff and Nursery provision
- Develop partnership working with parents/carers.
- Enable parents/carers to see how their child can learn and develop through play based activities
- Raise awareness of age-related expectations
- Improve attainment on entry and beyond
- Enable parents/carers to ask the Nursery staff any questions they may have.
Each week is carefully planned to enable parents/carers to work in partnership with their child and appreciate the outcome. The sessions focus on a creative aspect of learning.
Sessions may include:
- Puppet Making.
- Messy Play.
- Play dough making and Disco dough.
- Junk modeling
Each session begins with an introduction to the activity and the learning potential, creative activity, snack and story or rhyme to finish.
A book is kept each week for children where photographs and comments can be included. These can be used by parents/carers to enable conversations with their child about Nursery at home.
Parents/carers who have attended the sessions previously have found that these books have kept the excitement and desire to return to Nursery to play alive and children were eager to return the next week.
They are also a keepsake of the beginning of your child's school career.
Each week parents/carers are given a resource pack to take home, which includes resources and ideas to continue the activity at home.
See below for testimonials from parents/carers who have attended Ready, Steady, Play! sessions.
Current letters and information are sent via email and are also on display on the Nursery noticeboard which is on the left as you enter Nursery.
What playing and learning has been happening in Nursery recently?
During Autumn term 1 new friends will be joining our Nursery.
Our topic is Autumn and Nursery Rhymes
We will be having a Harvest Festival celebration in the school hall.
Autumn term 2
Our topic is "celebrations"
We will be finding out about:
Spot's Birthday Party-featured story
On 12th November there will be an "odd socks" day. Your child can wear odd socks on this day to show their support for anti-bullying.
There will be a Children in Need day in Nursery-details to follow.
On 10th December- Nursery trip to white post Farm- 8.45am-3.30pm
There will be a Christmas performance in Nursery-details to follow later this term.
There will be a Christmas party in Nursery-details to follow later this term.
During week 2 we were scientists in Nursery and found out about floating and sinking.
We had lots of fun at our Christmas party! There was even a special visitor!
Spring 1 2020
Our topic is Transport/People who help us
You could support your child's learning at home by:
- Encouraging them to sing transport themed songs and rhymes, e.g. the wheels on the bus.
- Talk about the different vehicles that they see around them, e.g. ambulances, police cars, buses, cars, helicopters, planes. Encourage them to make the sounds of the vehicles, e.g. nee-nor, brum, brum etc
- Talk to your child about the different people who help us, e.g. police officers, nurses, lollipop men/women etc
- Drawing vehicles with your child
- Counting vehicles that you see.
Spring 2 2020
Our topic is Spring/Yellow/Easter
- Talk about Easter-What happens? Who celebrates it? When is it celebrated? Why is it celebrated?
- Look out for yellow coloured items all around you. Talk about what they are.
- Talk about spring with your child. What is the weather like? Talk about baby animals and their names. What plants do we see?
- Make spring themed sticky pictures.