Jump Primary School is inclusive; we focus on the well-being and progress of every child and we are committed to ensuring all members of our community know and feel they are of equal worth.
We believe that the Equality Act (2010) provides a framework to support our commitment to valuing diversity, tackling discrimination, promoting equality and fostering good relationships between people. It also ensures that we continue to tackle issues of disadvantage and underachievement. We recognise that these duties reflect international human rights standards as expressed in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, the UN Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities, and the Human Rights Act 1998.
Our approach to equality within our school is based on the following:
• All learners and members of our school community are valued equally regardless of disability, ethnicity, culture, economic background, national origin, gender or gender identity, religious affiliation or sexual orientation.
• We recognise, respect and value difference and understand that diversity is a strength and to be celebrated by all in our school community. We take account of difference and are proactive in removing any barriers people may face in relation to the point above.
• We foster positive attitudes and relationships in a variety of ways and promote mutual respect between people and communities who have differences. One of our school rules is for everyone to ‘Be Respectful’.
• A shared belonging develops a positive sense of cohesion that allows all in the community to participate in school life.
• There is a shared expectation that all children within our school can make good progress and achieve to their highest potential.
• We believe that improving the quality of education for the most vulnerable groups of children raises standards across the whole school.
• Our policies and procedures benefit all staff and potential employees whether that is at the start of their journey with us at recruitment through to training, professional development and opportunities for promotion.